Oil Change near Me
One of the most important and easiest things to do to keep your car running smoothly is getting your oil changed. This simple but crucial service provides your vehicle with better performance and even increases fuel economy, allowing your Ventura, Camarillo, and Oxnard, California, commutes to be seamless.
At Land Rover Ventura, our certified technicians in our service center are always happy to provide oil changes. To improve the wellbeing of your vehicle and help it stay on the road for longer, schedule your oil change today.
How Often Should You Change Your Oil?
Regular oil changes ensure your car is ready to hit the road safely. Though every vehicle is made differently, professionals estimate receiving an oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. However, this depends on many factors, like your driving habits, the area you drive in, and the type of oil your vehicle requires.
For example, if any of the following applies to you, you may need oil changes more often:
- Tow or haul heavy loads
- Drive in dusty or highly polluted areas
- Use conventional oil
- Have a turbocharged engine
Types of Oil
There are two basic types of oil. Conventional oil lubricates your engine using a substance that is directly sourced from crude oil. Because of this, oil changes for models with this type of oil are typically recommended somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000 miles.
Most newer vehicles use synthetic oil. This substance contains fewer impurities, allowing your engine to go farther between changes. Some vehicles—depending on the engine—can go 10,000 miles between changes.
Why Is My Check Oil Light On?
Your vehicle comes with a very smart diagnostic system. When it senses something is wrong, it will provide you with a dashboard notification, like your check oil light turning on. What does it mean when it turns on and how can you reset an oil light?
Your check oil light can come on for many reasons, including:
- Oil pressure is low
- Low oil levels
- Oil leaks
- Dirty oil
When this light comes on while you’re driving, it’s best to pull over to a safe spot, turn off your engine, and check your oil. This will help you see what the issue is and prevent further problems from happening under the hood.
Then, contact our local authorized service center. Our certified technicians can let you know what to do to make it to our department safety, so we can resolve the problem and reset your oil light.
Checking Your Oil
No matter the number on your odometer, checking your oil once a month is a failsafe method that will let you know when it’s time for an oil change or to diagnose other problems. Plus, this process is very simple to complete yourself.
1. When your engine is cooled, pop open the hood and find the oil dipstick.
2. Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean with a lint-free rag.
3. Reinsert it back into the pipe it came from and pull it back out.
4. Inspect the oil to see if you need a change. You can also check your oil levels at this time.
Clean oil should be amber in color, almost clear, and smooth to the touch. If your oil is dark, sludgy, filled with debris, or smells burnt, your car needs an oil change.
More Signs You Need an Oil Change
Along with your check oil light illuminating, or your oil being dark and dirty, there are other signs to watch for to see if you’re in need of an oil change. If you notice any of these while driving, make sure to schedule your oil change right away to prevent extensive damages from occurring in your vehicle.
- Excess Vehicle Exhaust: Are you seeing smoke coming from your exhaust pipe or trailing behind your vehicle? Typically, this means your motor oil has become too dirty or old to do its job right. This makes the engine work overtime and sometimes can create dark smoke, indicating it’s time for fresh oil.
- Increased Engine Noise: When your engine doesn’t have the lubrication it needs from oil, you may be able to hear strange noises coming from under your hood. Roaring, clanking, or grinding can all occur, which can lead to engine damage if not taken care of quickly.
- Vibrations: If you’re experiencing a shaking car while idling, it’s probably time for an oil change. This is because high levels of friction can occur to your engine when it doesn’t have enough clean oil, resulting in a shaking or vibrating vehicle.
End Your Search for Oil Changes near Me at Land Rover Ventura
When it’s time to schedule an oil change in the Ventura, Camarillo, or Oxnard, CA, areas, contact the team at Land Rover Ventura today! With our professional dealership oil changes, you can have your car running smoothly and safely in no time. Make your appointment over the phone or online and we’ll take care of the rest.